Welcome to Year 3 and 4!
There are 24 children in our Year 3 and 4 class. Miss Shimmin is the class teacher and Mrs Kirkbride is the HLTA. Let's make lots of fun and positive memories!
Click here to see our curriculum overview
Click here to see an example of our weekly timetable
In RE we will examine...
- What do Christian writings teach about forgiveness?
- Why is light a key feature in the Christmas story?
We will begin by reading the lovely book 'Here We Are by Oliver Jeffers'. Later in the term we will be using the book 'George's Marvelous Medicine by Roald Dahl' to inspire us to write our own set of instructions. In Autumn 2 we will be using the book Beowulf, linked to our Anglo Saxon topic.
This term we will be using White Rose Maths Mastery. Our topics will be...
- Number and place value
- Addition and subtraction
- Multiplication and division
All children have a user name and password for Times Table Rock Stars. This can be used in school and at home.
This term we will be learning about...
Light and Dark
- To recognise that we need light in order to see things and that dark is the absence of light
- To explore reflection
- To notice that light is reflected from surfaces
- To be able to recognise dangers posed by sunlight
- To learn about a famous Scientist Johann Ritter
To explore how shadows are formedLight knowledge organiser
This term we will focus on the health and wellbeing of our children. We will be using the book 'Here we are by Oliver Jeffers' in English sessions to help support the children.
We will explore the following topics...
- Health and wellbeing- aiming high
- Phunky Foods- where does my food come from?
- Relationships- working as a team
Who were the Anglo- Saxon invaders?
To order key events chronologically
- To ask key questions about the Anglo-Saxon people
- To describe why, where and when the Scots and Anglo-Saxons invaded Britain, describe a key historical character from the time and explain what the seven Anglo-Saxons kingdoms were
- To understand how the Anglo-Saxons have influenced Britain by explaining some of the place names they established and their meanings
- To describe a typical Anglo-Saxon village and explain what jobs the people did
- To analyse and describe Anglo-Saxon artefacts and explain what they can teach us about Anglo-Saxon culture
- To explain the religious beliefs and practices of the early Anglo-Saxon people and can describe some of the gods they worshipped.
- To explain the work of some of the people who were influential in converting the Anglo-Saxons to Christianity and know about some of the important Christian buildings that they founded
.Anglo- Saxon knowledge organiser
This term will focus on online and computer safety.
Design and Technology
Design, make and evaluate a battery operated torch or light. This is linked to our Science topic, Light and Dark!
Art and Design
This term will be experimenting with different printing techniques.
This half term we will be focusing on two key areas...
- Throwing and catching
- Ball games
In addition to this we will do doing phunky 15 (mini in class PE sessions) , in class yoga and GoNoodle dance activities where possible to support our health and wellbeing.
This term we will focus on two key areas...
- Say common greeting
- Ask somebody their name
- Ask how somebody is feeling
- Ask and say how old you are
Where I live
- Where do you live?
- What country do you live in?
- What is there to do/ visit in your town/ village?
Using percussion instruments
- Using beat, rhythm, tempo, pitch
- Reading music
- Playing music
- Creating, composing, performing and evaluating original pieces of music
The children will usually be given homework on a Monday. Homework should be handed to the class teacher the following Friday. In a typical week, each child will be asked to do the following...
- Read 5 times a week at home
- Learn 10 spellings
- Times tables
- An additional piece of either English, Maths or Topic work