School to School Support
Clegheads Cluster of Schools
Beckermet C.E. Primary School is part of the Clegheads cluster of schools. Our group of schools work together towards the highest outcomes and aspirations for our pupils, parents, staff and wider communities.
The Clegheads Cluster Aims:
- To identify and share expertise, strengths and resources to improve provision and raise educational standards.
- To develop mutual trust, respect and understanding of the work and contribution of each individual school to the experience of our learners.
- To promote collaboration amongst all staff and learners across the cluster schools.
- To provide support to individual head teachers and develop leadership across the cluster.
- To ensure effective communication of local information to parents and provide support for families in need.
- To take advantage of opportunities to achieve ‘best value for money’ when sourcing supplies and services.
- To devise collaborative projects that impact upon pupils’ learning and give them opportunities to meet before transition to the next stage of their education.
- To increase the opportunities to extend and enrich the school curriculum.
Who we are:
The Clegheads cluster consists of 19 schools within Cleator Moor, Egremont and the surrounding villages.
What we do:
Head teachers of cluster schools meet every half term with a thorough and diverse agenda. On occasions, this includes visiting speakers who contribute to the support and improvement process. Within the cluster, schools are organised in triads which allows us to focus on the particular improvement needs of individual schools. Attempts are made to organise these triads to ensure that there are a range of strengths and experiences.
Beckermet C.E. Primary School works alongside Gosforth Primary.We meet half termly with the specific aim of supporting each other with school improvement.