At Beckermet Primary School much of our ethos is rooted in the idea of ‘partnership’. We believe that our children should play a realistic role in the decision making process. With the formation of a School Council, the children have an opportunity to share their views and play an active role in school improvements.
Representatives are elected from Years 1 to 6 and meet regularly. Classmates share concerns or ideas with their class representatives for discussion at the meeting.
- As issues are discussed children learn:
• To take part in discussions.
• To develop the skills of chairing meetings and taking notes.
• To gain confidence to make decisions and carry them out.
• To contribute actively to the success of their school.
- Feel a sense of value and ownership